About Our Organization
SEGA is a national platform of youth organizations dedicated to lobbying for needed legislative changes as well as committed to supporting youth activism, access to information and participation of young people in activities for solution of their problems.
Youth Council Prilep and two partner organizations led the initiative to establish a Coalition of youth organizations to apply and implement the project “National Youth Action Plan”. Continuing the process, the Coalition of Youth Organizations SEGA was unofficially established on January 20th, 2004 in order to contribute to the development and implementation of the National Youth Strategy of Macedonia and to improve the satisfaction of the needs of the youth. On the 27th of September 2004, a decision was made to formally register the Coalition as a citizen association. Coalition SEGA is a national organization with collective membership.
The membership of the Coalition (at the moment) consists of 12 full and 14 associate member organizations. The management structure is composed of the following bodies:
- Assembly – composed of all members;
- Governing Board – composed of five representatives from the full members;
- Supervisory Board – composed of three representatives from the Assembly members.
The executive structure is organized in the Central office, which is located in Prilep, and four Regional offices in: Shtip, Ohrid, Tetovo and Skopje. SEGA also operates two Youth Information and Counseling Centers INFOSEGA in Prilep and Kavadarci.
MEET OUR TEAM
SEGA works on development and implementation of youth policies at local and national level, connects and strengthens youth organizations aiming to activate youth and improve the conditions for their personal and professional development in the Republic of Macedonia.
Youth influence the changes and the development of Macedonia, participate in the decision making at national and local level for issues that directly concerns them. SEGA as a sustainable and developed youth coalition enables youth to believe in themselves, to accomplish their interests, to create and to build.
- Active advocacy for the interest and the needs of young people and youth organizations in Macedonia;
- Fostering of bottom-up approach in regular work;
- Openness for cooperation with likeminded organizations from Macedonia and abroad;
- Active cooperation with all institutions at national and local level that have jurisdictions related to the needs of youth;
- Proactivity in informing and addressing youth issues
- Advocacy for increase of the outreach of young people in formal youth organizations in Macedonia
- Advocacy for increase of the scope of working areas of the youth organizations in Macedonia